Friday, October 13, 2017

Warwickshire Upgrades Coverage Map for “Fibre Broadband” Rollout

csw broadband map

The CSW Broadband project, which hopes to make "superfast broadband" (24Mbps+) available to 98% of premises in Warwickshire, Solihull and Coventry by the end of 2019, has updated its coverage map to add more detail and the latest Phase 3 FTTP roll-out plan with Openreach (BT).

The CSW map is better than most of the other Broadband Delivery UK projects and allows users to zoom all the way down to property level. The main change, other than some extra detail markers, is that it now includes the network coverage that will be introduced under Contract 3 (Part 1) with BT (details). Check out the new map.

The BT deal will deploy "fibre broadband" to 15,500 additional homes and businesses by the end of 2019, with nearly 90% being delivered via "ultrafast broadband" FTTP technology and the remaining 10% harnessing slower hybrid-fibre FTTC (VDSL2).

Separately the existing deployment is about to expand, for the first time, into parts of Barton and Dunnington on the River Avon, Hunningham and Wappenbury on the River Leam, and parts of Pillerton Hersey near the River Dene. The roll-out will also take in areas of Bourton-on-Dunsmore and Dorsington, as well as the Back Lane and Shirley Lane areas of Flint's Green, near Meriden.

Let's block ads! (Why?)

see source

No comments:

Post a Comment